Our elementary students have an opportunity to visit their school library on a regular basis. Visiting the library promotes literacy, curiosity, and a love of learning!
- Students have an opportunity to check out library books during their class library time.
- If your student brings a library book(s) home, please help them find a safe place to keep the book. Make sure to keep library books away from young siblings, pets, and any food or drinks. The best place for library books is in your student’s backpack.
- Borrowed books are expected to be returned at the next library visit. If a student forgets their book, they should tell their teacher. Students must return borrowed books before checking out a new book.
- We do not charge for late books. However, there is a replacement fee if a library book gets lost or damaged.
- If you do not want your child to borrow books or materials from the school library, please complete this opt-out form and return it to your child’s teacher.
- If you have multiple children attending GUSD elementary schools, please complete a separate form for each child you would like to opt out.
- Students who opt out should be provided a selection of widely-accepted, age-appropriate books to read during their class' scheduled library visit. They will not be permitted to borrow books from their school library.